Water Chestnuts in Syrup with Cold Coconut Milk
- ⅓ cup water chestnuts
- Few drops of food coloring in ½ cup water
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup jasmine essence water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 5 cup of boiling water
- Crushed ice
- To make jasmine essence water, soak jasmines in the covered bowl of water and leave it overnight
- Slice water chestnuts into _ inch dice shape and soak in the food coloring water.
Leave for 5 minutes until they change color. Lift them out.
- To make the syrup. Boil sugar with jasmine essence water. Leave it to cool.
- Put the tapioca flour in a plate or a plastic bag. Add the colored water chestnuts and shake them till they become well coated.
- Cook the coated water chestnuts in the boiling water. When they float, lift them out and put them in cold water immediately.
- When serving, put these colorful-crisp water chestnuts into dessert dishes, add syrup, coconut milk and ice.
Makes 2 servings